Collette is seeking a Business Development Manager for our Southwestern Ontario Territory. Ideal candidate must reside in Mississauga or the Southwestern region.
About Collette: Let Us Show You the World
There has never been a better time to be in the travel industry. See the world, connect with others, and experience the immersive benefits of one of the trendiest industries when you join the Collette team! As the longest-running tour operator in North America, our family-owned business leads the industry in innovation and expertise. Collette’s passionate team works hard to fulfill travel dreams and is always looking for talent that will help to shape the company’s future. Being part of the Collette team means having a willingness to grow, a desire to learn and ask questions, and a zest for seeing the world. From giving back to local communities to creating incredible experiences for a world of travelers and being part of a value-oriented team that cares for one another – Collette is all about the people. So, what are you waiting for? Your journey starts here.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for selling guided travel and identifying potential growth areas, opening new accounts, and developing long-term relationships with guests and travel professionals. Traveling throughout their territory, the Business Development Manager promotes the benefits of Collette travel experiences, actively supports partner marketing efforts, and presents to potential travelers on a daily basis. Responsible for soliciting new accounts and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in support of the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Promotes, solicits, and produces sales of Collette products to travel professionals in assigned territory while achieving and surpassing sales goals.
- Closes the sale through strong relationship and negotiation skills.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, community engagement and relationship building.
- Research local travel market and develops new marketing plans.
- Identifies potential growth areas through prospecting new and existing customers to maintain and develop new accounts and deliver information regarding product.
- Partners with various departments throughout Collette to coordinate the processing of account details.
- Distributes brochures and itineraries describing Collette Services to clients traveling on tour packages or to travel agents arranging for clients.
- Attends international/domestic sales meetings, product seminars, and trade shows and is an active participant in the learning opportunities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- History of competitive success in business, academics, or athletics
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Well – developed oral and written communication/presentation skills
- Proactive, positive, and professional approach and demeanor
- Desire to continually improve their selling ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for networking in person, via phone, e-mail, and social media
- Willingness to benefit from hands on coaching
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Three to five years’ experience
- Ability to travel overnight – up to 5+ nights a month and to domestic and international sales trips
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00-$140,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay