Slalom is a purpose-led, global business and technology consulting company. Our purpose—to help people and organizations dream bigger, move faster, and build better tomorrows for all—guides everything we do. And our north star is our vision of a world in which each person has the opportunity to love their life and work.
Since our consulting business started in 2001, Slalom has grown rapidly to 13,000+ team members in six countries and 43 markets. We have close partnerships with over 400 leading technology providers, including AWS, Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, Snowflake, and Tableau.
From strategy to implementation, our approach is fiercely human. We deeply understand our customers—and their customers—to deliver practical, end-to-end solutions that drive meaningful impact.
What makes Slalom different?
- We take love seriously. So seriously that we measure customer love in ten dimensions and use those metrics to guide our actions.
- Head and heart in everything we do. We show up authentically and get to know you, always leading with empathy and kindness.
- Local soul, global scale. Because we live where we work, we’re committed to our local communities and your long-term success—while also staying connected globally.
- Momentum that outlasts us. We work with our customers’ teams every step of the way, teaching and empowering them to continue the momentum even after we leave.
- Deep connections, better outcomes. Our thorough understanding of partner technologies and priorities drives trusting relationships and exponential impact.
We’re honored to be consistently recognized as a great place to work, including being one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For seven years running.
Job Title: Client Partner – Commercial Insurance
As a Client Partner dedicated to the commercial insurance industry, you are a subject matter expert and trusted advisor to the Sr. Mgmt team including the C-suite.
The main responsibilities of this role include representing Slalom’s services across our insurance clients, helping set strategic direction, help deliver complex programs and lead our pursuits and account strategy across the insurance landscape.
- Drive revenue responsibility of $5m+annually
- Manage project teams ranging from 2-10+ consultants on-site, remaining accountable for employee engagement
- Responsible for 40% individual utilization target
- Establish, maintain and build Slalom’s footprint within your assigned accounts
- Build high trust relationships with VP, SVP and C-level clients
- Work with clients to define and implement solutions that help them reach for and realize their vision
- Partner with your client(s) to help influence strategic direction and identify ways Slalom can come in to help them achieve business objectives
- Drive business development and contracting process, including accountability for profitability
- Partner with practice leads to help solution the correct engagement approach and scope for our clients.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices
- Own the overall customer satisfaction survey outcomes, including the transformational scoring that rates Slalom’s overall relationship with our clients.
- Participate in Slalom leadership forums and be an ambassador of Slalom’s culture and values
- 10+ years in the commercial insurance industry.
- Prior experience in a leadership role within a management consulting (preferred)
- Experience in the Canadian affinity and association (A&A) markets.
- Commercial underwriting/actuarial, product, or sales leadership experience.
- Clear understanding of commercial insurance carrier profitability levers. Equally, carrier/broker/policyholder dynamics.
- Annual planning and strategic visioning, profit center management a plus.
- Knowledge of Canadian federal and province-specific insurance regulation and health plans (e.g., PIPEDA, Universal Health)
- Knowledge of key distribution channels and individual brokers who serve Canadian A&A policyholders.
- Knowledge of B2B and B2B2C distribution models.
- Working knowledge (though deep expertise not required) in the following: claims, operations, technology.
So, what will I do?
- The job description should contain a list of the duties and responsibilities associated with the role.
- Descriptions of duties should be no more than two or three sentences in length and should be outcome-based, containing an action, an object, and a purpose.
- The list of duties and responsibilities will vary in length, but as a rule, should be as short as possible, otherwise, the document becomes an operational manual rather than a job description.
And, what will I bring?
- Include both skills and competencies required for this role; they should be listed separately from each other, as they are two different things.
- Skills are activities the candidate can perform based on what they have learned in the past or from qualifications they have obtained. Competencies are the traits or attributes you expect the candidate to display in the role.
- Avoid using a laundry list of technologies and/or skills, keep things specific, and to the point.
Hybrid/In office: We are hybrid but there are expectations that if your team leader requires you onsite that you are able to meet those expectations/requirements
Slalom is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will work to reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the talent acquisition team if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Please note if you are hired at Slalom you will be required to complete a background check.