Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) is seeking experienced registered nurses (RN) to join nursing teams from Winnipeg, Manitoba to provide care to various First Nations communities, across Canada.
As an integral part of the team, you will carry out a full scope of practice and provide a broad range of services unique to northern nursing with ISC. You will work alongside a talented team of nurses, other health professionals, and community members dedicated to delivering quality care in a culturally safe way.
Public Health Nurses develop and deliver comprehensive health programs that include promoting, protecting and preserving the health of First Nations peoples on reserve. Health care programs are designed in partnership with community members and leaders to promote environments that support good health. One year of independent clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (in the last three years) in one or more of the following areas: Community Health; Primary Care; Urgent or Emergency Care; and/or Acute or Intensive Care.
From Winnipeg, Manitoba, you will be flown via Indigenous Services Canada charters or commercial airlines to your assigned community for the duration of your rotation. Work posts include remote and isolated First Nations communities within northern Manitoba:
- Barren Lands (Brochet)
- Bunibonibee Cree Nation (Oxford House)
- Cross Lake
- Garden Hill First Nation
- God’s Lake First Nation
- Little Grand Rapids
- Manto Sipi Cree Nation (God’s River)
- Mathias Colomb (Pukatawagan)
- Nisichawayasihk Creen Nation (Nelson House)
- Northlands (Lac Brochet)
- O-Pipon-Na-Piwin Cree Nation (South Indian Lake)
- Pauingassi First Nation
- Poplar River First Nation
- Red Sucker Lake
- Sayisi Dene First Nation (Tadoule Lake)
- Shamattawa First Nation
- St. Theresa Point
- Tataskweyak Cree Nation (Split Lake)
- Wasagamack First Nation
- York Factory First Nation
- Opportunities for part-time and full-time.
- Travel/outpost nursing rotations may vary and will include a combination of days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- $ 90,747 – $124,579 (per annum inclusive of applicable allowances)
- $ 80.948 to $92,653 Base annual salary (plus applicable allowances)
- NB: Salary and applicable allowances will be prorated based on scheduled work hours and may vary depending on work location.
As of September 2022, ISC’s nursing recruitment and retention allowances significantly increased. As an ISC nurse, you could be eligible to receive:
- Up to $6,750 for the initial recruitment allowance provided one-month after employment
- Up to $9,750 provided after twelve months of employment
- Up to $16,500 annually as a retention allowance starting at year 2
- Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,747.00-$124,579.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: One location